I love sweet potato fries, and they’re fairly guilt free all things considered. Sweet potatoes are gluten free, low glycemic and filled with nutrients. Of course baking them is going to be healthier than frying them, but sometimes you just have to go the yummy route, and at least making them yourself ensures that you know what type of oil is used. I love this recipe for sweet potato fries with avocado lime dip:-
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, unpeeled and cut
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 avocados
- 1-2 drops lime essential oil
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, toss ingredients together in a sealed bag until evenly coated (for crispier fries, toss cut potatoes in a little cornstarch too). Place evenly on a large-rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning once until fries are golden brown and crispy (approximately 30 minutes).
Place ingredients for dip in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and serve alongside the sweet potato fries.
Eat and enjoy!!